1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realtek driver install problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by oziwombat, Oct 9, 2009.

1. oziwombat

oziwombat Regular member

Just reinstalled XP home on my old 2.66 Celeron desktop & I have driver cd , but keep getting code 10 on Realtek H/def sound & tried all fixes & Hot fixes I found on the web [and there are many ] I followed the guide in Guides section & still code 10 . [​IMG] When I unstall both UAA & Realtek drivers & reboot the wizard finds new H/W & goes thru all the right steps & then code 10 & task bar has message a problem occurred & H/W might not work properly .
    Cheers Ozi

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Don't use any of the drivers off of that CD...by the time you get a driver cd with a device, everything on it is at least 6 months old, usualy older. Go online & download the latest chipset, audio, video, network, and all other drivers, and use these for the install. I would do this before the service pack and updates, as this will make the updates go much faster. I would also use nLite to integrate the service pack and hotfixes into the install CD/DVD/Flash...this saves a lot of time and also makes for a much cleaner install.

4. oziwombat

oziwombat Regular member

Many thanks KillerBug , your advice much appreciated & nLite looks interesting .
    Ozi

Update , new XP install & still problems installing Realtek H/D ,so installed sound card .
    Ozi

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009