1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realtek SPDF coax will do Dolby Dig in control panal, but not in Win7

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by acousty, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acousty

acousty Regular member

Hi guys, I have been searching for a solution for this with no success and I am at the point now where I believe Realtek just hasn't fixed a driver problem. I use SPDF coax out to my digital receiver. I had windows 7 32 bit and never had this problem, but I just built a new machine. I am using the latest realtek drivers from my mobos website. I can not get the digital out to display anything but stero 2 channel sound. I can however test the Dolby digital and DTS encoding through control panel>Sound>Real Tek digital output>supported formats tab. Here I see encoding formats and I see Dolby Digital, DTS Audio, and Microsoft WMA Pro Audio. When I highlight DTS and Dolby digital and click test it outputs a test to all 5.1 speakers and then the DTS or Dolby digital light on my receiver turns on to let me know its working. However, playing any dvds, games, anything that I know has a dolby digital audio stream doesn't work. It will not display dolby digital on my receiver and nothing except the front speakers will play. After doing the above test the dolby digital light stays on my receiver, but the second I play a Bluray in windows media player the light goes away and it plays in 2.0 stereo. Has Anyone found a solution to this? as I have tried everything I can think of! The realtek manager is no help as I do not see any digital sound settings to implement. It just has a "default Format" tab with a choice between different bit rates to default to. Please help thanks!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.