1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DvdRemake & DvdSubEdit Question

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by HaremScarem, Dec 10, 2010.

1. HaremScarem

HaremScarem Member

I am trying to figure out why dvds I burn using these two apps skip right to the main title (movie) and are unable to access the menu screen. I first used IFOedit to convert from PAL to NTSC, then used DVDremake to replace the menu and chapter screen with still images I created from the "convert to still" process and also delete some buttons. Then used DVDSubEdit to edit subs. Everything looks fine but I don't understand why it doesn't recognize the modified menus when I test it. It's from a dvd that I could only find in Russian. Have any suggestions?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Assuming the menu exists, you could load it into PgcEdit and use the 'Trace' command to step through the disk.

In the image below, I loaded a small DVD.
    In the right pane, under 'pre command's, I clicked on 'Jump to VMGM PGC 1' - the result was that on the left pane, 'VMGM, LU 1 2b TiTleM' highlighted.
    'TitleM' is the 'Title Menu', '2b' refers to the number of buttons on the menu.

You can also select 'Trace' and 'Trace mode' on the top menu and use the 'Step' button at the bottom of the pane and watch the steps that the DVD goes through when inserted in a player.

[​IMG]

There's a link here that may help.

http://download.videohelp.com/r0lZ/pgcedit/third_party/blutach/How_to_use_PgcEdit_new_macro.htm

3. HaremScarem

HaremScarem Member

Hey thanks a lot for your response. During the 'Trace-Step' mode it says "Dummy PGC: no cell to play". So perhaps this is the reason it doesn't recognize it as a menu. Programs such as DVDShrink are able to though. Still don't really understand how to fix this.

4. attar

attar Senior member

When tracing/stepping/running through the DVD in PgcEdit, does it ever get to the menu you want.

If it doesn't (and if it exists) then what you want to do is force the First Play' item (under the 'Pre commands' line) to 'Jump to' that DVD menu.

PgcEdit, top menu under 'Info' > 'Find uncalled PGCs' might help give you more information.

5. HaremScarem

HaremScarem Member

here is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

doesn't appear to have that option and there is a menu but seems to only be recognizable through programs like DVDShrink

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  6. HaremScarem

HaremScarem Member

Okay I've narrowed it down to just the "replace with still" process which I think is causing the problem...but I think I am doing everything right so I am still lost as to why it can't be recognized.

7. attar

attar Senior member

You can right click on that 2 button menu that's highlighted and preview it.
    If that's the menu in question, then right click on the 'pre commands' line and select 'add after'.
    This inserts a 'nop' command.
    Double click on the 'nop' and change the command to send it to the menu line, thus:

[​IMG]

See if 'trace' takes you there.
    I hope you are using a copy to experiment with.

8. HaremScarem

HaremScarem Member

I appreciate your help attar. I'm getting the same result.

[​IMG]

I'm also using a copy to experiment with.

9. attar

attar Senior member

Your saying that you have your menu set as the first play and it doesn't play it?
    When you click on the 'Jump to' line in the right pane, does it highlight menu in the left pane.
    Under 'Info' > 'DVD Commands' there is a list of the commands that are used for that particular disk.

10. HaremScarem

HaremScarem Member

What I am saying is that the menu cannot be brought up at all even if I were to manually go to the title menu. Clicking on the 'Jump to' line in the right pane does highlight menu in the left pane. I am trying to figure out why the menu isn't accessible.

11. attar

attar Senior member

12. kalvi

kalvi Member

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone. I appreciate the concern which is been rose. The things need to be sorted out because it is about the individual but it can be with everyone.
    =========================
    PLR Article