1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with viewing subtitles on Virtualdubmod 1.5

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by Slvrtr8, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Slvrtr8

Slvrtr8 Member

Hi, I'm new around hear so this is probably posted in the wrong area. Well i just downloaded Virtualdubmod 1.5 so that i can hardsub some avis. I know the procedure and everything but the issue is with the subtitles. First, I ran my subtitles through Subtitle Workshop to make it an .ssa file. That worked, but when I used it with the video that i wanted to hard sub the subs wouldn't appear. However, when i used a different video, the subtitles would work... So i tried using SUPER to change the encoding of my original video, and i still faced the same problem. after trying 7 different settings on SUPER with my original 7video, i gave up. Then i tried something different. I changed my .ssa subtitle to .srt and it worked. Can someone tell me what i was doing wrong? So that in future reference i know. Or must i change my.ssa to .srt everytime?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  2. attar

attar Senior member

You loaded the .ssa file in VirtualDubMod using the Subtitler filter;selected 'Show Preview', scrubbed through the video and the subs didn't show?