1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Output size issue with DivXLand Media Subtitler..Pliz comment

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by zooco, Apr 5, 2011.

1. zooco

zooco Regular member

I imported a Xvid video file into DivXLand Media Subtitler & a text file to create an embedded xvid video with subtitle . Everything worked great. But I noticed the output video was only 1/3 in size compared to the original file !! I expected the out video a little bigger than the original . Am I wrong ?

My questions :

1) Is the smaller size of the output video due to incorrect configuration in VirtualDub ? ( I assume DivXLand Media Subtitler would automatically configure it for me )

2) How can I preserve the resolution of the output video file in DivXLand Media Subtitler ? Please help .

2. attar

attar Senior member

The file size difference may be that the current version of the codec being used is updated or more efficient than that used for the original in the source file (assuming the settings were the same).

If the checkbox setting for 'Output Resolution' was set for 'use original', there should be no change from the original - the reason being that it would require the use of a resize filter in addition to the XviD codec.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  3. zooco

zooco Regular member

4. attar

attar Senior member

DivXLand.
    The checkbox appears in the window after you click 'File'>'Embed Subtitles'.

5. zooco

zooco Regular member

I found it . Thank you again for your help !

Best wishes,

Zooco

6. road25911

road25911 Member

Hi Can someone pls help me?
    I use DivxLand Media Subtitler to embed subs, not had a problem until last week,
    input a 700MB avi file output size 140GB! I've looked at all the settings and nothing has changed. There was a situation once when embedding subs the prog messaged that it was the wrong sub so changed settings to One Pass, now it's fine, but cannot figure out why the output file size has increased to so much?