1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning of .cue/.flac audio CD rips on Linux

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by cd-rw.org, Jul 8, 2013.

1. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Most audio CD rips are made with Exact Audio Copy, which generates non-compliant .cue sheets. The problem is that no native Linux application that I am aware of is able to handle them correctly.

Luckily a feasible workaround exists - took a while to find a solution, but this article covers it:
    http://www.bitburners.com/blogs/3

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

actually.. the issue is more often that people don't have all the right "on the fly" codecs etc installed.. if they are then k3b will burn .flac from .cue as easily as burning a straight 1-1 copy .. the other common problem is rips done by idiots on windoze and the .cue file looks like path=C:\user\my documents\dave\docs\rips\music\name-of-cd\file1.flac .. and so on.. which of course doesn't exist.... simple to solve.. IF you know how.. todays test.. making that .cue file into a "same directory" local burnable .cue path using a simple text editor... I will be handing out marks for this towards graduation... have fun

3. MichaelPhillipis

MichaelPhillipis Newbie

I asked Tech support about this today- neither they nor I are sure what you're unable to replicate. However, they said that a cue sheet is associated with an image file and only makes references to the image file.

In my own words, since you converted the files to flac and created a new project, there's no related cue sheet and Nero can't create one from a cue sheet associated with the image file.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

it's easy.. you can just write a .cue file using any plaintext editor (it's only a batch file variant) .. we worked out this was just spam, hence my sarcastic reply earlier.