1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert DVD .vob to mpeg4 to play on iPad

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by MeliLing, Jun 30, 2012.

1. MeliLing

MeliLing Member

Hi guys,

I really hope I can get some help here. I've been at this for a few days and can't figure out what it is that I'm doing wrong.
    I have bunch of home videos on DVD which I'd like to convert to mpeg4 so I can store them on my external hard drive and them watch them on my iPad if I want to.
    Now I've tried Handbreak, 4Media Video converter ultimate 6 and Wondershare (both full payed versions). Both applications work fine converting any other kind of format like .avi to mpeg4 etc. But none of them will convert the .vob properly.
    For example, most of my .vob files are around 1gb (the movies are about 1h in length), but the application will only convert about first 15seconds of the entire file....
    I've searched the net for some tutorials but they all just show, drag and drop file into application and click convert.... this obviously doesn't seem to work for me :(

anyone knows their way around this problem??
    Thanks in advance!!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Sorry, wrong thread - but you might want to try the Videohelp site, they have an active Mac forum.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

No use handbrake cant tell you where to get it though or anything else just google it

4. birgitstorch

birgitstorch Member

How to convert DVD movie to MPEG-4 on iPad:
    • Step 1: Load DVD files to the DVD to iPad Converter software
    • Step 2: Output settings
    Choose "iPad Video MPEG-4(.MP4)" as output format, meanwhile, you are allowed to customize the output parameters and specify output format and folder by click "Profile" in the output settings area.
    • Step 3: Click "Convert" to rip DVD to iPad
    • Step 4: Transfer ripped DVDs to iPad
    When you finished converting DVD to iPad MPEG-4 Video, connect your computer to iPad with its 30-pin connector and sync your iTunes library. Here you go, just enjoy high quality videos on your iPad.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  5. ieasy

ieasy Member

If not 4videosoft video converter platinum, then replace the wondershare dvd creator.
    Code:
    ieasyconverter.com/downloads/windows/4video-video-converter-platinum-344819-signed.exe
    Code:
    ieasyconverter.com/downloads/windows/344819.dvd-creator_full619.exe

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  6. houndz17

houndz17 Member

this program - AppGeeker video converter

The program has an option to convert vob videos to mp4 format. its also a nice variety of conversion options for other purposes - such as making a small file - large and clear - I found this to be a valuable tool in my collection - especially since I tend to use files from a variety of sources in a variety of formats.

BTW, the device presets work fine to view the converted videos on the iPads & other Apple products.