1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wipe and reformate operating drive?

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by black67, Mar 2, 2010.

1. black67

black67 Member

My C: operating drive 40.8 used space, 70.9 free space. Is running very slow and is buggy. Just now on start up it asked to check the C: drive and began to run checks on it. The last time this happend was on my d: drive(storage) B4 it shot craps. I took my computer to Tech Gurus here in kansas and they charged me alot to fix it and its still running just as bad. They tell me to bring it back but I dont trust them. Ive had my computer get bogged down b4 over the years and have taken it to Hyper tech here in kansas and it alway come back running nice and fresh. I just dont want to spend the money again, even though I do trust these guys. I figure if I reformat the drive and reload windows xp, hopefully it will erase any bugs or problem.

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

yeah it will.. any "clean" version of xp sourced from the "usual places" will do nicely.. sp2 is better than sp3.. and don't update the crap because that's just adding loads of drm and spyware to an already defective by design lump of crap.

if you need a key or anything fire me a pm XD ;).. but you can save the activation and serial from yours first.. winkeyfinder1.71 .. google it and use it now..

just a FYI .. formatting a partition does not actually delete the data.. to do that you need to run an overwrite program (or copy dvd's to it until it says full.. then delete them and reinstall.. some malware will survive formatting just like you never bothered.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010