1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old and new version of Photoshop at the same time

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jigdish, Dec 10, 2010.

1. jigdish

jigdish Member

I have a question I'm hoping a someone can answer.

My G/F is a Professional Photographer and has just upgraded to CS5. She also has CS2 and uses a program Pixel Creator Pro along side of it. This program is not compatible with CS5. I know most of the time programs will not run properly if there is an older version installed on the machine.

Is there a way to have both CS2 and CS5 installed on the same machine so she can run Pixel Creator Pro. She would never need to have both versions of Photoshop open at the same time.

Thanks for your help.

Jerry

2. Aaminon

Aaminon Guest

it's Pixel Creator Pro problem
    so you'd better email Pixel Creator Pro producer for help

3. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

I'm a photographer myself and no it's not a good idea to have both CS versions installed at the same time. If she is using CS5 then she has no more need for CS2. If she wishes to use CS2 for whatever reason, then I suggest she places it on a new computer, or you run a dual boot O/S such as win xp/win7. That way they don't conflict with each other. I use CS5 myself and feel it is more than sufficient to get the job done. As the previous poster stated, it's also an issue with the other program as well. Sometimes you just can't have the best of both worlds.

4. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

You might get away with installing both if you put each one in a different folder. It the installer looks for previous versions that going to be a problem.