1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security update for Microsoft silverlight is not installing.

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jrules, Jun 25, 2011.

1. jrules

jrules Member

The Microsoft silverlight update (KB2512827) has failed to install. I have run the Microsoft update troubleshooter to fix issues with Microsoft update but that didn't work. I have disabled McAfee firewall and that didn't work and I have tried to uninstall Microsoft silverlight and I got the same message that: the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. The source it gives me is c:\05fe10c80fc621454db9717659de\
    It also gives me another source to use Microsoft Silverlight installation 1 but none of them work. The error code associated with this problem is code 64c.

However, now it is not the only update that is not installing. Security update for Microsoft.NET.Framework 4 on windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based systems (KB2518870). The error code associated with this one is: code 66A.

Furthermore, the other update that is also not installing is Security Update for Microsoft.NET Framework 4 on WIndows Xp, Windows Server 2003l WIndows Vista, Windows 7, windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64 based systems (KB2478663) Also code 66A for that one too.

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. 64 Bit Operating system.

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

have you tried downloading them directly from microsoft website. Just search the KB number and download to your desktop then run. If that doesn't work try booting your pc in safe mode and try again.