1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubles with Mame32 and Mame145b

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by solokun, Mar 3, 2012.

1. solokun

solokun Member

So, I have never posted on this site before. I read over the rules and everything, but I still could make some mistakes so, I hope people bear with me.

I wanted to play a game called "Martial Masters" on Mame. The problem I am having is that after downloading the rom and putting it into the rom folder on Mame32, I get told after an audit that a file called mmasters_arm.bin needs a ROM REDUMP. Here is what it says after the audit:

" martmast: mmasters_arm.bin 16384 bytes ROM NEEDS REDUMP
    Audit complete. "

Well, I found the final that supposedly goes to it, and I extracted the original roms contents and repackaged them with the mmasters_arm.bin. But the game refuses to run, and on Mame145b, it tells me that the game is missing other files or CHD's to run properly. So, I am at a loss here, I am not sure if it was a bad dump altogether or if anyone knows where there is a working version of Martial Masters (martmast.zip) that will run on either Mame32 or Mame145b.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

FWIW.. I can't get it to run either.. same error so I reckon it's a bad dump. Tries 2 versions (supposedly) and had the same error.

It may be that the game relies on a specific hardware routine in rom which hasn't been dumped.

3. Sir_Lulu

Sir_Lulu Member

Hi, I had the same exact problem with you here and hope its not too late to share my solution......
    When I first searching for MARTIAL MASTERS, I downloaded the ROM from ROMNATION.NET and also its BIOS which is PGM(POLYGAME MASTER), then I downloaded the MAME32V103 generator and it wont WORK, the message kept appearing, mmasters_arm.bin needs redump, rom incorrect and bla bla bla...I search for solution everywhere and even downloaded another ROM of MARTMAST.

Things I get after googled my problem:
    PPL keep telling the ROM was corrupted, cannot do anything and ask to wait for the working rom come out in internet...
    Or, some suggest I downloaded missing file, but I didnt miss anything!
    Others said should change the name of asic file to bin file, but not working either.

Finally I see one suggestion about ppl using Nebula emulator...
    just googled: Nebula v2.25b Released!

and so I extract the emulator file from zip, then I simply put the zipped file of Martmast together with zipped file of pgm into its ROM folder and when I open Nebula emulator and audit games, it says theres no game available to play, and so I uncheck all the boxes(you will see it in the emulator later) and then I check only the box that says polygame master, Martial Masters(USA) will appear on the list, just double click it and ta-da you are right there!

It get bored when your fingers muscles are tore down.