1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MeGUI x264 encoding problem. Video stutters/flicks.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by ezd_admin, Jan 21, 2010.

1. ezd_admin

ezd_admin Member

I use MeGUI and x264 to encode video RAWS and subtitles created by fansubbers for my Jdrama website and they both work great. Unfortunately though, I recently came across a problem where one of my encodes stutters/flicks at the beginning of the video which is not present in the source. I have uploaded a clip of the problem to my megaupload account so you can see exactly what is going on.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O3AN5EMM

I have tried multiple encodes with no programs running in the background using MeGUI and the latest build of x264 (rev.1400 as well as rev.1391 and rev.1376) but they all have the same problem. I normally use the default DXVA-HD-HQ profile in MeGUI to encode with but I have also tried a few of the other DXVA encoding profiles all with the same result.

I am not a guru when it comes to video encoding but I do understand SOME settings and their purposes and any suggestion on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. ezd_admin

ezd_admin Member

It's been over a week already and someone on another site has already helped me solve this problem. Thanks anyway.