1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very slow newsbin pro since joined virgin

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by DOMNPLOD, Nov 24, 2009.

1. DOMNPLOD

DOMNPLOD Member

hi can any 1 please help me ive just got out ov the worst broadband.(left talktalk for virgin)
    But wen i was on tt i would get 3000kbs download rate but now im on virgin i get 9.0kbs which a 4 gig dvd is gonna take 14 days wat the hell can i do to sort this out i love being on virgin my speeds double on my speed test but newsbin is just killin me any help would be great

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Virgin throttle their users download speed when they exceed the threshold of information downloaded within peak hours.

Peak hours and the download threshold that applies during that time can be found here - http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html

You will max out your speed on Newsbin if you download outwith peak hours. Personally, I find that Virgin stop capping my download speed around 12midnight / 1am, despite them saying that they do it earlier.

What to do, is get used to this peak hour download limit, and don't exceed it. If you do that, you'll max out your connection every time you use Newsbin outside peak hours.