1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping my blurays to computer to play with XBMC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by crazynick15, Nov 4, 2011.

1. crazynick15

crazynick15 Member

I have always had bad luck with scratching disks. So i decided to back up my blurays to my computer and my goal would be playing them in XBMC or VLC.

I can get them into a mkv fine using makemkv, but they are huge and i only have a 720p tv, so that size makes them usless for my tv...

Now here is my problem, i can make a mkv out of the movie fine with no issues with audio, but when i compress to say 12GB( still keeping DTS OR DTS LOSSLESS) file using handbreak, the audio is always off and somethings not right. Video plays fine..

Can someone help me out and give me some ideas of what settings on handbreak and other programs i could use!!!
    Thanks ! look foward to what you have to say...

2. stdlbw18

stdlbw18 Member

I just posted a post today about re encoding. It should get you well on your way if you are not absolutely new to this. It is rather advanced to help other advanced users but you might be able to get through it. It is the only way I re encode my Blurays.

If it is a regular .h264 bluray rather than VC-1 you can just use Directshowsource()in your AVIsynth script rather than FFMPEG plugs. Use VirtualDubMOD and directstream the audio into the mkv under streams and you will probably have little problems anymore. I Multi pass my video 3 times and stream the downconverted audio and never have any problems.

If none of that makes sense just go to my other post and look at all of the software I posted. May seem like to much for you but maybe not.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-283/m2ts_and_vc-1_with_ffmpeg-928099/