1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compare the two video files?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by arsenalforever, Mar 15, 2014.

1. arsenalforever

arsenalforever Regular member

Hey, I have two video files and I wanted to compare them for quality. Here's the information that "MediaInfo" gives me about both these files:

FILE1:

FILE2:

If you go by the bitrates of both these files, shouldn't FILE2 be of better quality than FILE1? When I view both the files, FILE1 seems to be better than FILE2. Why so?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

actual tag data can be faked so that when you use mediainfo it can give you incorrect readings,there aren't that many at br that are below std tho i have downloaded a couple that were just shite quality wise

other reason is original source of rip.

also have to take into account the medium used when film was originally made just because it's on a blueray disc doesn't mean it's source was recorded in digital

a classic example would be xXx,the dvd of 5gb compared to a downloaded copy of the same movie whose file size was a mkv 1.5gb was better quality wise than the actual uncompressed dvd that i had ripped myself

3. arsenalforever

arsenalforever Regular member

Also, is 1280 x 816 considered to be HD? I thought it's supposed to be 1280 x 1080? And what is 1280 x 544?

Does the difference between 1080 and 816 account for the black bars on the top and bottom? Similarly, does the difference between 720 and 544 account for the black bars? I have a movie and MediaInfo says that it's 1280 x 544 but there are still black bars. So how is 1280 x 720 different from 1280 x 544?

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

resolution
    1280 = length
    720 = Height

High-definition video is video of higher resolution than is standard. While there is no specific meaning for high-definition, generally any video image with more than 480 horizontal lines (North America) or 570 lines (Europe) is considered high-definition. 720 scan lines is generally the minimum even though many systems greatly exceed that. Images of standard resolution captured at rates faster than normal (60 frames/second North America, 50 fps Europe), by a high-speed camera may be considered high-definition in some contexts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/what-does-1080p-mean.htm
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50375

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014