1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDLab Pro to DVD Shrink issue

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by lapetite66, Jan 14, 2014.

1. lapetite66

lapetite66 Newbie

Hi:

Just recently I used dvdlab-pro to make a dvd to play on television. Everything seemed to be going fine until I tried to shrink it in DVD shrink. I keep getting the error about DVDShrink being out of memory and the parameters not being correct.

I orginally thought that it was the size of the dvd I was trying to shrink which I don't believe was the problem(7.73GB) but I went back and edited the video in DVDLabpro and deleted some menus and shows that I originally had in the original project which brought the size down to 5.60GB. Once again when I tried used DVDshrink I got the same identical error.

I did a internet search about the DVDshrink issue and read that it could be a problem with the video output from whatever source; in this instance it would be DVDlabpro or it could be the video files used in the project. In my case I had a bunch of files in two different formats, .flv and .mp4. I then converted them into MPEG-2 using Xilisoft video converter with the following out specs

Video size = 720x480
    Video bitrate = 1200
    Audio = Ac3
    Audio bitrate = 192
    Video dimension 16:9
    Video = NTSC

If you ever used DVDlabpro then you know that if your videos aren’t configured properly DVDlab will most certainly let you know. I didn't get any error message so assume that everything was up to par. I will say that I did add some of my own homemade background music and that some of them might have been longer than the preferred 1 minute and yes some of them did have different bitrates but in the past that wasn't an issue. To test this theory I went back once again to the downsized DVDlabpro project(5.60GB) and removed background music from ALL menus except the main menu...and still I got the error message.

I test the project before exporting the project to a video folder to make sure all my link are working etc.

I also tried looking for alternatives to DVDshrink but haven’t found anything up to snuff. I tried using DVDFab and the shrunk video came out horribly pixilated so that wasn’t any good to me.

I don’t know why this is happening! This is a big deal because if I can’t use DVDShrink to downsize dvd projects of 7 point whatever, then I will have to make sure that all my projects from here on out are only 4.27GB at the most which also means I will have to use more than one dvd disc for each project when in the past I was able to use just one disc per project.

Any help will be geatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2. attar

attar Senior member

Is DVD Shrink opening commercial DVD's without complaint?

3. lapetite66

lapetite66 Newbie

Hi attar:

Sorry for not getting back sooner I've just been swamped with other things. To answer your question yes, DVD shrink does open commerical DVD's without any issues but for whatever reason it won't open the the ones I produced using DVDLab Pro.