1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid file stops playing after a few seconds

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by GavSalkeld, Aug 24, 2012.

1. GavSalkeld

GavSalkeld Member

I have an Xvid file on my USB drive that I want to watch on my BD player. The Xvid file opens and plays fine on my PC, and loads into VirtualDub without problems. However, it plays for only four seconds on my BD player before quitting and going back to the USB menu. Yet the BD player can read the file, as it lists the resolution, runtime and FPS on the menu.

I followed the directions in the old forum for using VirtualDub with the Direct Stream Copy enabled for audio and video to create a new file, but the same problem occurs.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

2 things i can think of straight off the top of my head.the resolution might not be supported on the bd player.the copy on the usb might be damaged.

3. GavSalkeld

GavSalkeld Member

I thought about that but if the resolution was bad, surely it wouldn't play at all?
    As for the damaged copy, I don't think its that as I have rebuilt it via VirtualDub.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Other avi files on the stick play ok?
    Compare the good with the bad using MediaInfo.
    In VirtualDub, to test, try saving it in Video > Direct stream copy and Audio > No audio.
    If that doesn't help, try selecting Video > Full processing mode and choose a compressor.

5. GavSalkeld

GavSalkeld Member

Yeah other AVIs are fine. Maybe there's just a bad frame in the file. Thanks for your help!