1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi2dvd multiple files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by black67, Jul 15, 2010.

1. black67

black67 Member

I tried posting this in another forum but never got an answere to my question, Im thinking it was the wrong place to post. Any way B4 you kick me to the curb. I read the guide and a post on this same forum where the guy was told that avi2dvd will add the second movie automatically. But I dont seem to be able to get it to do that. I have a file with 18 episodes of the same show. They look to be about 22 to 23 min apiece. I figure I should be able to get about 10 to 12 on one dvd. Well when I try to add the second episode. Which I have named exactly as the fist. One is cd1 the second is cd2. It dosnt add the 2nd one to the job Que automatically and if I try to add it I get the dreadful!("Two jobs have the same output path. Please change the output path of the second job.") What am I not getting??? Id like to put 10 to 12 episodes on one dvd. Or may be there is a better way to to get multiple episodes on one dvd as DVD not avi. And If Im still in the wrong forum for this topic will some just say so or just tell me where to go. So im not sitting here looking stupid.

2. black67

black67 Member

Again, Am I in the wrong place or does no one have an answer. Anyway I just went ahead and hit the go button after waiting for someone to give just a little input. what I found out is it goes to a avi-mux gui 1.17.8 screen. And here I get an info screen telling me "Frame rates of AVI files differ. You can join them, but only MKV output will be available." I then click OK on that screen. Then up pops an error screen. it says " Cant join files: Video compression formats differ: xvid<->Xvid. I search both warning found nothing on the first one and what i did find on the second one was for a different program. I'm trying to put as many of these 20 to 30min episodes on one disk. Is there another way?

3. black67

black67 Member

Hello is there anybody out there???? It just finished and it only converted the first episode. so what the H I dont know?

4. attar

attar Senior member

This program has a history of stumbling over path names so that it is best to place the source files in the root directory with the simplest of names.
    I doubt that you will find any of the regular responders use it - you may have more luck at the Videohelp site.
    http://www.videohelp.com/

Using DVD Flick you could highlight your collection of files and just drag them into the window.
    That program can create a menu and will optionally burn the disk using the included ImgBurn software.

5. dmerrick

dmerrick Regular member

I don't know about the file formats but you can use ConvertXtoDVD4 to put multiple episodes on the same disc. I think you can test it for free. If it works, it is one tool in a group called AVS4U. It is a good set of tools and I use it all the time.

ConvertxtoDVD4 will ask you to add files and it will create a menu at the beginning of the disk. Don't know if that helps but I use it all the time.