1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mmds mesh arial

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by shaun1733, Aug 12, 2009.

1. shaun1733

shaun1733 Regular member

what is the best mmds areial to buy instead of the mesh one or can you buy the mesh ones anywhere has anyone tried this already

2. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

have a read this should steer you in the right direction..25 posts
    1 - How can i know if my aerial/mmds mesh is working and receiving signal from ch*rús? 2 - What is a power inserter and how come older ch*rus mesh's didnt ...
    forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/21/504030
    mmds mesh aerial ...
    forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/18/504030
    Labeled Forums

3. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

shaun..

use the search afterdawn forms where you will find almost anything you wish to know on this stuff and much more (its the box on top of this page)

4. MMDS

MMDS Member

Shaun,
    I can't copy and paste the link cos I'm surfing on my mobile but if you do a search for my username MMDS and Aerial you will find a thread on this subject. If you can't find the info let me know. Basicaly if you are close to the transmitter you can use the long aerial with a number of small round disks or the standard mesh dish. If you are in a poor reception area the mesh dish is better. Higher the gain the better! Not sure about UK but an American on *bay sells a dish for $105 plus $60 delivery.

5. shaun1733

shaun1733 Regular member

thanks lads will try the one with the built in power supply looks like the best opition can see the transmitter hopefully it works is there different types i some have the rings closer than others any ideas

6. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

I've a yagi with built in down converter for sale, in the for sale section somewhere, comes with power supply
    its the gold one on the usual dodgybox sites
    Brand new never used