1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile PhoneTools v3.0 US

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by motomania, Jan 1, 2005.

1. motomania

motomania Guest

Question.... Can you transfer MP3's to a Motorola V220 with this program? I have been reading that some users can and some users can not. Motorola states: "V300, V400 and V600 users can also transfer audio files and images between their phone and PC" - it does not say the 220 can. I have the right cable, I've tried all the other stuff listed in the other thread - I am at my wits end and was going to purchase the software, however I wanted to be sure I could transfer the files.

Please reply if this can or can not be done.

Thank you very much.

btw - Happy New Year everyone...

2. motodude

motodude Guest

3. Geebzter

Geebzter Guest

i downloaded the mpt version that you had a link to but when i try to open it it says windows cannot open file and then it ask me to select a program. what is wrong or what am i missing

4. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

you are missing an archiving utility that will open RAR files. Download and install ultimatezip from http://www.ultimatezip.com. It's FREE, not shareware like WinZip.

In response to the original question about MP3s, a lot of people have had problems sending MP3s to their phone via the mobile phone tools. So if you get it to work successfully, please post back with your success story.

EDIT: I went ahead and bit the bullet to see if I could magically transfer MP3s to my phone. Check out my success here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/141993

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  5. motomania

motomania Guest

motodude you rock bro! Thanks a million!!! Everything works absolutely perfect!!!!!

6. radical

radical Member

ok ive installed mobile phone tools and when i load it up....it takes ages trying 2 instal my phone and then i cant transfer anything or do anything it just says initialising and stops at that

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  7. motomania

motomania Guest

Rockdawg wrote:
    Once I installed the tools it was smooth sailing! I can transfer almost all of the mp3's that I want. WMA's dont work but images and mp3's are a breeze. My daughter played with it for a bit, then showed me how to crop the music so that I dont have to transfer over a 4 meg song just to hear the clip that I want!! SO yeah - this is a success story since I found out that MP3's CAN BE DOWNLOADED WITH THE TOOLS AND A V220!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2005
  8. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Nice job...BTW, your phone wouldn't have accepted a 4MB file anyway. I'm pretty sure all of us V220 owners only have about 1.5MB of memory to play with.

Congrats on getting it to all work.

9. motomania

motomania Guest

Sorry for that mixup - they have the 220, I have the 550 so I get a lil bit more room...

10. Geebzter

Geebzter Guest

how do you use ultimate zip

11. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Just like WinZip. Are you not familiar with archiving utilities? If you have a zipped file (extensions of ZIP or RAR for example), you use these programs to extract the contents of the zipped file into a directory (or folder) of your choice. Then you visit that directory to install the program, read the file(s), or whatever.

12. borbor122

borbor122 Member

Hey HEy i got the new Motorala V220 cammera phone. I have the USB cabe and want to DownLoad the pic from my phone to my PC... funny thing is that i lack the programs to do that... can anyone give me a good clean easy download :)

(lots of the links dont work)

13. motodude

motodude Guest

read the second post in this thread

14. borbor122

borbor122 Member

but i got huge problems not worth it

15. skaterp05

skaterp05 Member

I downloaded Mobiledit and I'm able to send pics and midi tones to my v220 no problem with it. However, my mp3 files are too large even when I try to reduce their size because of their large kbps. Can anyone give me some advice on a program to use that will reduce my current mp3's to usable status, or even suggest a site where I might download mp3 tones that I can send to my phone manually? Also, I've tried putting games on my phone using midway, but when the instructions inform you to click on "java apploader" on the phone, my phone does not have this option in the java menu. Can anyone tell me an alternate way to transfer games? Any help is greatly appreciated.

16. motodude

motodude Guest

17. julieann

julieann Member

This answer may be here, but I haven't found it. Is there a certain version of Mobile Phone Tools to use with Windows 98? Also, is there a place to get the Data Cable cheaper than $30? Thanks in advance!

18. motodude

motodude Guest

19. x0rcist

x0rcist Member

julie ann the cord for my phone was free..my mom and i share it because she uses it for her camera check with your mom she might have the thing you need..i have a v220 not sure about you though

20. motodude

motodude Guest

"check with your mom"....LOL!!!