1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPgenc, Toolame,ssrc and divxtodvd?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zenarrrow, Mar 11, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I hate to sound like a terrible newbie but I am. I am reading The guide on vcd to dvd in the guides I have downloaded all the software when I Downloaded divxtodvd it auto maticaly launched it with the others they won't launch can any one help me. I have the folders or files on my pc but they are zipped how do I launch them?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@zenarrrow,
    OK one step at a time...
    First get rid of all that crap you just installed!! I mean it uninstall it!!!

OK now you need to download WinZip & install it. http://www.download.com/3405-20-960683.html?idl=n

Now Un-zip those files.. Heres a easy way to do that for ya.. First create a folder and name it whatever you like for one file. Now put that zip file into that folder. Now right click on the file and select unzip to here... Do that for each file you have...

Ok now you are ready.. See the link in my signature?? Ok click on that and go to the guide called "Convert AVI to DVD" and you will be all set...

Good luck and let me know if you run into any problems..

3. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

OK I am getting so frustrated (not at you). Remember last night i was talking to you. You told me to use the avi to dvd then I asked if their was a way to convert a vcd disc to a dvd file to burn. you said use guides the only guide i found said to use those programs you told me to uninstall. that winzip thing just unzips my unzipped folders to idividual files they won't launch any thing when the down load is complete like on the winzip it launches and gives me an icon on my desk top but anything else just opens a folder, and I don't know how to launch from there.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok I told you to use my guide the link is in my signature... or here http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

Go to that site and choose the guide called "Convert AVI to DVD"

I'm not sure where you went or what guide you used, but I dont have any of those programs
    as guides on my site...

You have me really confused about the WinZip thing? You said all you had were zipped.. Now I see it looks like you were talking about the programs you downloaded... Don't worry about them you don't need them.. :)

Just use the guide at my site it is very easy to use... :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  5. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

OK after I go to your guide (I have) step 1 it says open divxtodvd and go to the file Thats where I am lost. How do I get my "VCD DISC" to become a file? it is on a disc like I put in my dvd player. I need to do some thing like in decrypter on a regular movie and download it to my hard drive. I don't know how to download the movie.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Just copy and paste everything from the disk to a folder on your hard drive..

7. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

sorry

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  8. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Thank you very much! Sorry I am so thick. My disc is clean and unscratched but it keeps coming up crc error on it? Anything I can do there?

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok you can try using DVD Decrypter.. Select Mode, ISO, Read ... Then select a folder to save it ot and click the Write button... Let me knmow if that works?

10. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

When I put it in Decrypter. It says not a dvd on the bottom. Oh well thanks for everything I was pulling my hair out. You are very helpful anyhow I got a new program DIVXTODvD !!! Sorry if I was a little unruly ---zen-->

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It doesnt have to be a DVD Decrypter will reade any disk to the HD as an Image...

DivXtoDVD is what I have been tryin to get you to use????

OK I am done here you are impossible... Good luck i really hope you figure it out ...

12. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

You Misunderstand me. I did use divxtodvd I finally figured it out back awhile ago. Thats when I tried to copy my vcd to a folder. Honest I was using that the whole time. I just thought that since it was coming up crc error I was doing something wrong. Sorry 'bout that. Mis communication. How do you get the decrypter to read it as an image? When I put that vcd in it says "not a dvd" on the bottom. I clicked iso read, any other settings I use?

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok follow along. See pictures below that correspond with each

number

1. Open Decrypter
    2. Select "Mode" "ISO" "Read R"
    3. Click on the little yellow folder
    4. Name your file and click "Save"
    5. Click the write button
    6. You ISO file is now being created on your hard drive

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After you have that we can go to the next step in the process.. :)

In DivXtoDVD you couldnt browse to your CD and open the files there?

14. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

First off I want to thank you I have learnd so much on this forum. Most from you. You have helped me alot I don't know if you recognize my name or not, but.... Anyhow Ya, when I browsed for my cd in divxtodvd it would begin then time remaining would shoot to 237 minutes then crc error. Now when I put in the vcd it automaticly says "not a dvd" right on the bottom tray where it usually it says Ready or getting ready etc, do you know where I am at? When I click on tools > settings> Can I make it so it will pick it up even though it is a vcd? I have cleaned it real well. No visable scacthes or anything.

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you notice in my picture above it doesnt recognize mine as a DVD either but it will rip it anyway... Have you tried to go to the next step? Don't worry about what it is saying at the bottom it really doesnt matter..

16. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Yes, when I go to next step When I choose the folder click on the yellow folder I try to bring up the file where my vcd is (the disc) in my dvd drive c: when I click on it it does not go to "file name" tray so I can't save it in the "save as" window on step 4. So on step five the green button does not light up to push. Thanks, ---zen-->

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK my fault I wasent specific enough...
    Look here
    [​IMG]

Thats where you select the disk...
    The yellow folder is just where you want to save the file on your hard drive.. :)

18. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Oh O.K, I will give it a try, I know my questions are very elementary. Thank you for all your help I have learned quite a bit in this forum and I know it is at the expense of yours and many others sanity.. I want you to know it is truly appreciated. Honestly, sometimes I am embarrased. Thanks once again..--zen-->

19. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

OK bbmayo, I when I put the vcd in the tray, under the source tab the disc is not showing up either. Is their maybe a setting I have to adjust? Thanks ---zen-->

20. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I think there is problem with your disk