1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing emulators and roms on xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by aznstyles, Jun 14, 2005.

1. aznstyles

aznstyles Member

i have an avalaunch dash board, xecuter v3 chip, please some one help. i need step by step directions on how to put emulators on my xbox. any help would be appriciated.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

most likely your .xml file is set up to look for emu's on E or F, so simply create a Emulators folder on E or F and then ftp the emu's to that folder...as for roms just put them in the rom folder inside the emu, you may need to edit the emu to look in the correct spot for the roms.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2005
  3. DaveS0811

DaveS0811 Member

I am also running into the same problem. The only instructions I was able to find was called manualv2.2, and the person who wrote it needs to go back to 3rd grade and learn english.

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

First, you need to learn how to ftp to and from your Xbox and PC, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/ftpingproblem.htm

Once you have figured that out, then you will need to find your emulators here, http://www.x-b-o-x.net/modules/news/ or on MIRC through #xbins, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/xbinshowto.htm

Put the roms you get in the roms folder that is nested inside of the main emulator folder.

Now, make sure that you have an "apps" folder created and a "games" folder created on your hard drives e:, or if you have an upgraded HD on the f: or g: If you modified the evox.ini, then the names may be different than above.....

Then all you have to do is ftp (send) the emulator folder to one of the specified partitions above and your done!

Find many roms here:

1) www.romnation.net/
    2) www.rom-world.com/
    3) Find GBA and N64 roms on MIRC, just follow this guide, http://www.fserves.tk/

5. DaveS0811

DaveS0811 Member

Thanks for the tip. I made a folder called "emulators" which is where I placed the emulator. Within the emulators folder, I created another folder called "roms," which is where I placed the roms for the emulator.

My problem now is, none of the roms are seen. I've restarted avalaunch numerous times and the only thing that pulls up is the "main menu" option for the emulator.

Thanks

6. DaveS0811

DaveS0811 Member

I got the roms for the sega gen to work, but I can't figure out how to get avalaunch to see multiple emulators without overwriting the previous emulator. For example, each emulator is titled default.xbe, how do I get the system to see all 3 emulators? Much thanks...

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

So you have a folder named "Emulators" on your Xbox's HD and you put an emulator, such as gensX in that folder.... That's right so far.

You are not supposed to create a roms folder at all, that folder is already inside of the emulator (such as gensX) and that is where you place your rom files.

The emulators should not be titled default.xbe. That is your main dashboard actually. Change the names of the folders and it should work fine.

8. DaveS0811

DaveS0811 Member

Hey Pimpdawg,

thanks for the help. It's much appreciated. Well, I'm bascially running avalaunch 49.3. I've got the bios and dashboard fully functional. Now with the emulators I'm running into a problem.

Each of the emulators have a main file titled default.xbe. This is where I run into the problem because for some reason or another when I change the default.xbe title of the emulators (ie. Sega_Genesis.xbe), Avalaunch will not recognize it. I'm kinda stuck....

I thought this problem was only specific to one Genesis emulator, but I've tried 3 different emulators.. and still no luck. Any ideas??

9. DaveS0811

DaveS0811 Member

Hey pimpdawg....

It finally hit me. I put the files into a folder titled "Sega Genesis" within the "emulators" folder. Then place all my emulator files (including default.xbe) into the "Sega Genesis" folder. Wow... Streets of Rage never looked so good.

Final question... How would I backup some of my XBOX games so that they bootup directly from the HDD? Thanks buddy....

Dave

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Dave, you'll need to get a program called "dvd2xbox" from #xbins or http://www.x-b-o-x.net/modules/news/

After you get that, load it on your Xbox's HD and run that program. You will then be able to DL Xbox games to your Xbox's HD now.

Glad to see you got the emulators figured out!

And no problem buddy...

Ev

11. DaveS0811

DaveS0811 Member

Hey Ev,

I've backed up and saved a few games now, and everything is working fantastic. Do you have any suggestions on what program to use to make an iso or any other image format?

Thanks again....

Dave

12. mdsup

mdsup Guest

13. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest