1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set book type?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by JVC, Jul 27, 2005.

1. JVC

JVC Active member

I read here how it's better to set the book type to dvd rom.
    I've never done this. I thought I'd try it out. I've looked everywhere in Nero to find where to set book type, and can't find it. I'm using the Nero 6 OEM Suite, that came with burner. When I used Shrink and got to the part where I click on "Backup", I looked and found Book Type is DVD Rom, and it's checked. But it's greyed out, and I couldn't figure out how to enable it. After burning the movie, I ran KProbe2, and it shows the disc as DVD-R, instead of DVD-Rom.
    Can anyone tell me how to make it a DVD Rom?
    Thanks................. :eek:)

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

When you are in Shrink it is reading the movie disk you have in your reader as DVD Rom

A DVD-R is a record once disk, it is the media you are recording to. Nero should booktype your disk automatically if your drive is capable of doing this.

3. katanaz

katanaz Member

My understanding is that DVD-R discs cannot be booktyped, as a result of their manufaacturing process. DVD+R discs can be booktyped, to appear as DVD-ROM discs to your player.

However, I have no idea how to do this.
    Hopefully, someone more informed will respond.

4. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

goto start, programs, nero, nero toolkit, nero cd-dvd speed, click on extra at the top, then choose bitsetting(booktype), then use arrow to change to dvd-rom. this will only work if your drive supports booktype.

peace

5. JVC

JVC Active member

bigfatboy.........
    Thanks, but when I get to "Extra", at the top, there is no "Bitsetting" option in that menu. Is it because it's the Nero OEM version?