1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premiere 6.x: Aliasing artefacts

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by aliasing, Feb 21, 2003.

1. aliasing

aliasing Member

Hi there,
    when I export a frame from Premiere as .bmp it has big artefacts - a smooth line has many big steps.
    The strange thing about it is, that there are no artefacts in the preview window! (But in any exported format)
    Did anyone of you have this problem and solve it?

I'm editing a StopMotionFilm - shot with a digital camera and so its resolution is 768x576 not 720x576.
    So I changed Premieres resolution to mine but now I have the Problem that premiere only exports in such a bad aliased way :-(

Since the project is for DVD I cannot ignore that...

I particularly want to export from Premiere via AviSynth (with BicubicResampling to 720x576) to TMPEGENC...
    And there are those artefacts but it is highly illogical because Premiere should just serve the frames... (That's why I tested Export frame to .bmp -> the same artefacts - as if Premiere would internally work with lower resolution or thing like that?)

I would be very happy if anyone could help me!

Thnx a lot!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2003
  2. aliasing

aliasing Member

I found out some more:
    My input-videos don't have the artefacts...
    ...but if I render the preview or thr workspace it gets them...

So is there any option to set the program to render internally with 768x576 instead of 720x576 since this seems what it is doing?!?

Maybe that's a point to start?

3. aliasing

aliasing Member

SOLVED!
    O.k. the things are as follows:
    I have non-interlaced video since I use pictures from my digital foto camera.
    Premiere is used to work with DV-Material or at least TV Material - it has interlaced pictures...

So the problem was that Premiere de-interlaced my pictures and so put in these damn artefacts - it interlaced lines that did not miss...

Solvation: go to the "video options -> field options" (right mouseclick on clip in timeline) and set the field "Deinterlace when speed is below 100%" off... !

Last edited: Feb 23, 2003