1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Profiler

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shandley, Oct 24, 2005.

1. shandley

shandley Guest

It seems as though everyone is using a DVD profiler, mostly InterVocative. Call me overly suspicious, but does it not seem like another way for authorities to attempt to monitor your collection for un-autorizied copies or backups of movies? Since this program consistantly connects to servers to send and retrieve information, has anyone heard anything else about this or the other profilers?

2. ArCaine

ArCaine Member

Personally i have never used a DVD profiller so i cant add to any paranoias or suspicions, however i am not worried about having unauthorized copies on my pc as even if they had access into my computer, which they dont, there is no way for them to tell if i have the original copy or not.

It pretty much is the same as MP3's if you have those on your PC why in gods name are you worried about DVD's

3. S2K

S2K Regular member

well a huge number of people use dvd profiler to maintain of films they have rented.

so if you have a dvd profiler list of hundreds of dvd's you don't own, and even if it correlates perfectly with your rentals from BB or Netflix, it has nothing to do with anything illegal whatsoever.