1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HBO Application of CGMS-A Copyright Protection

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by foesad969, Nov 17, 2005.

1. foesad969

foesad969 Member

i just got a new dell laptop with mediacenter05 and recorded an HBO movie thinking that i could put it on a disk only to find that HBO now has a one time recording policy and am not able to do this. is there anyway to get around this??? is it possible to record with MCE directly to a disk, or is there a way to get around this protection?? or am i outta luck regarding this issue, any help is greatly appreciated

2. rarthurb

rarthurb Member

Yes there is! Get a Video enhancer ( Sima Go dvd) install it between your cable box and your computer. It will eliminate the macrovision causing your recording problems. Or look on the net for one less expensive..I promise this will work...

3. rarthurb

rarthurb Member

Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you that Media Center will record the movie in Dvr-ms format. This has got to be converted to Mpeg2. I use DVDSANTA. I think it should work for you too. My computer is a Sony Viao and came with a converter named "Click to DVD" My usual method is too capture the movie with Media Center (dvr-ms) edit front and back of the movie with (DVRedit( Free Program) Trimm off extranious Video) Run through DvdSanta. Which in its self can create the dvd, but takes too long, but does create the files which I then run through Dvdshrink to create *.ISO file for Dvdcrypter to finish. So far works everytime. Then I can watch the movies Which I "PAID" for when I like. Just like I did with my VCR.

4. solamf30

solamf30 Member

Not sure if this is much easier, but for recorded tv with MCE, all i do is open Nero Express. Import the tv show and copy it to dvd. That's all. I do Nero Express to edit out commerical and all and if it's a bunch of episodes i make a menu with chapter so I can go to the episode I want to. Never had a problem yet.