1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I burn/convert .tao files?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by chrisvt, Nov 20, 2005.

1. chrisvt

chrisvt Member

Greetings- I have a dvd of old home movies that is seriously corrupted. I have tried to play the disc in a half-dozen different dvd drives and standalone players with no success. If I load the disc into my computer's dvd drive and use My Computer to try to see the files on the disc, I can't see anything.

I tried both DVDShrink and DVD Decrypter to rip the data on the disc but with no luck. The only thing I can get to work is IsoBuster which sucessfully reads the disc and rips the data as .tao files.

So...how do I convert these .tao files to something I can burn? IsoBuster is the only program that will read the .tao files. I used Folder2Iso to create an .iso file from the ripped .tao files and that works successfully, but the resulting .iso is relatively tiny and when I burn it, using either DVD Decrypter or EZCD the resulting disc doesn't contain any video.

Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious? The ripped .tao files seems like they are the correct size(total of just under 4.7GB) so I know I have the data, I just cannot figure out how to get it back onto a dvd.

Thanks.

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

3. ammorath

ammorath Member

I'm having a similar issue. I had a "bad" disc and pulled the .tao files off of it with ISObuster but what do I do now? I can't figure out how to make the .tao files into an .iso. How do I make these files readble/usable again?? Anyone?

4. chrisvt

chrisvt Member

Here is what I did to successfully solve this problem:

After using IsoBuster to rip tao files from my disc, I then download TMPGEnc v2.5 and did a simple multiplex to the .tao files(within TMPGEnc, goto File>MPEG Tools).

I then downloaded the demo version of TMPGEnc DVD Builder 1.6 and reauthored the multiplexed files into Video_TS and Audio_TS files.

I then burned these with my regular DVD burning software and everything plays perfectly.

5. arvin

arvin Guest

ok i have a major problem,i extracted a ps2 game called prince of persia.and when i opened it with iso buster,it said track.01 and it was 2.10 gb. so i right-clicked on it and went to extract track01 and went to extract user data (.tao,iso,.wav)and i extracted the file.and when i went to the directory where the file was,the file was .tao so i tried to burn it with nero but it didn't burn it.it said unexpected file format.so i don't know what to do now. So can anybody help me out here or you could send me an email at arvinbhandhoo@yahoo.com plzz help me