1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGENc unsupported format using AVI??

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by aut0psy, Jan 1, 2006.

1. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

When I try and load my "Video Source" AVI file. it says it has an error and could be unsupported, what would cause this?!!??

Thanks

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Try this. Open TMPGEnc, close wizard. Go to Options>Environmental Settings>VFAPI plugin and raise the priority of Directshow Multimedia File Reader to 2 by right clicking and raising. Failing that, you could try opening the file in G Spot to ensure you have the proper codecs installed.

3. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

Rasing the priority worked, thanks a lot for the help!

4. Peedy1971

Peedy1971 Guest

Same problem here... the difference: The Priority of the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader was already set to 2 and GSpot says "Video: 4CC XViD - 3 compatible codecs installed" and "Audio: PCM - no codecs needed"..

I'm open to all suggestions...

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If raising the priority didn't help and you have the proper codecs installed, I have no idea. If you haven't already, you could also try posting over at VideoHelp.com as they are also very knowledgeable on TMPGEnc.