1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to use rar files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by xcp, Jan 23, 2006.

1. xcp

xcp Member

OK here is my problem I have rar files that I have downloaded and I need to know what to do with them. Am I supposed to use something to watch these movies? Also I have downloaded movies and the file has cd1 and cd2. What am i supposed to do with the files in these two folders? The files in these folders are in ascending ordering starting with the extenmsion .r01 all the way to .r52 and there is also a .rar file and a .sfv file. Please help because I really want to know how to burn these files so i can watch them. Thank you.

2. rp_024

rp_024 Guest

Download either WinRAR or winACE. These are utilities like winZIP. Only they are Super compressed that's all. Once installed either program will be associated with the rar files. Double click the first rar and it will open the decompress window. Click Extract and it will extract the movie to the currently saved rar location. cd1 and cd2 are one split movie. Download and install a video joiner and join it to make one movie. If you are planning on converting them to DVD, you'll need to download a converter software as well to convert your movies to the new DVD format you desire. Hope this helps

3. xcp

xcp Member

ok i used winrar to extract the rar files and now there are two folders each with a .bin and .cue file. What do I do with these? By the way I want to make them into one dvd and not 1 cd

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest