1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie ~~Copy a CSS DVD~~~

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zion, Apr 9, 2003.

1. zion

zion Member

Look i have used DVD decrypter to decode the CSS. Placed the .iso into a folder on my harddrive now i want to use Nero 5.5 to brun image back to Sony DVRU-500. Will this work? What method do i use to decode the CSS in DVD decrypter? info iso or file menu? Sorry it may seem pretty basic but im a beginner. Thank you.

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

if i have understood you right, have you de-crypted using the read method on decrypter making it into a image if thats the case you can burn back the image using decypter write method from the list of options only as long as the dvd was a layer one disc (dvd5) or if it is under the 4.37gb threshold. If the file is slightly bigger you will have to go back to beginning and decrypt using file mode, and see what the size is after that, if its within the threshold then you can use nero to add the files and burn to dvd if. If it is over you will have to get a 2nd party program to strip out subs,extra audio, i.e. dvd2one (purchase) you could try ifoedit (freeware) check out this forum for guides or dvdrhelp.com. As you are using a dru500a would reccomnd using the recordnow software rather than nero especailly the dx that version that you can download off your sony disc, works well with drive, and recommend getting dvd2one, though dvd2shrink that is freeware is looking good still a few bugs though.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

[bold]DVD-5[/bold]

SMARTRIPPER (to rip/decrypt to HDD)
    FILE button and select ALL,next select destination folder then START.
    Will take 10-30mins approximately.

NERO Drag all .BUP .VOB . IFO to VIDEO_TS Folder & burn !

[bold]DVD-9[/bold]

SMARTRIPPER This time under the FILE button just take the .VOB's that are selected [little monitor icons] and then tick the box that is 2 above the selected boxes & START.

DVD2One v1.11 Movie-Only , select folder where you put Smartripper files and choose a 2nd destination folder where you want finished DVD2One files put.
    Set size to 4272
    Select AC3 6CH (audio),ENGLISH Subs (or other),Angle 1...and start !!!

NERO As Usual

JUST AN ALTERNATIVE WAY !

4. kinel

kinel Regular member

where can i get this program smartripper from i cant find it any where or dvd shrink as i think there both free could some one post a link please

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member