1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TuneUp Utilities

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by kkre4605, Mar 17, 2006.

1. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

okay I have another quick question now, I use this program to clean my comp and its great (apart from internet optimistaion which I had some trouble with in the past). But I was just wandering what everyone elses optimum settings are for memory optimiser, and do u set it to manual settings or automatic?

Also on a related topic, when I do ctrl alt delete, I go to my task manager and processes, and I have alot of them running. the only things that i want to be running automatically are memroy optimiser, ad watch and avg, can the others be deleted if they are not needed? Basically does anybody know the names of processes which are neccessary for your comp to run so I can delete the rest?

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

9 out of 10 running processes are running for a good reason, so i wouldn't go and stop them if i where you.
    You can't just run the processes you want and "delete the rest", it just doesn't work that way.

3. wanttono

wanttono Member

I have had this for over a year and had zero problems .. other than ithe ones i did myself I leave it on default normal

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you know this is at least a 7yr old thread, don't you?

5. Mez

Mez Active member

The reason your computer runs so slow is probably due to multiple malware infestations. Google 'server side polymorphic malware'. They have been out for years and there is no really good way to remove them other than to format your C: drive and go back to factory defaults. There are ways to prevent infections but no cure once infected. The malware forum might get you passibly clean by finding the less stealthy ones but not the ones that replace software that should be running. It has the same functionality as the file it replaced but the new one does a bit more. Those will never be detected. What are they doing? Stealing your personal data and doing illegal ‘things’ on the internet which you can be held liable for.

6. ddp

7yr old thread.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

think Frankenstein regarding thread

it's alive ! alive!

8. ddp

i thought that was the "mummy".

9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

not sure if that's it's intended or not "mummy" however it's appropriate the thread rising from the dead

10. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

It's dead Mez.. Just bury it! I don't have enough garlic to kill the smell. LOL