1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Screener

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ohmss, Mar 26, 2006.

1. ohmss

ohmss Regular member

Hi All,

Doe's anyone know if a DVD Screener is the original version of a Movie before any edits have been made or would an unrated version be any different and have additional footage.

Thanks

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

a "screener" is usually a movie file created from someone who captures the movie using a video camera in a movie theatre, which is why they are usually very poor quality. There might be a few cuts if the person recording has to change tapes or batteries though. But other than that the movie should be the same as released in theaters.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

a DVD Screener is the original version of a Movie. that is sent to the video stores for them to view to see if they would want to buy the movie, the copy most of the times has a watermark that says that it is the property of what ever studio that put the movie out. some screeners have a time stamp on the screen, most all screeners have a warning that shows up saying that this copy is for screening and not for public viewing and if you have bought and or rented this disk call 1 800 no copys so if you are wondering if you try to copy or backup this disk the watermark and the other warnings can not be taken off the copy, also what you see on the disk is what the movie will be as far as your question about the editing or extras

4. grizzam

grizzam Member

yeah there usually for video stores. also they go out for pre-viewing for the golden globes oscars.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  5. ohmss

ohmss Regular member

Thanks Guys.

Reason why I asked if a screener was the original before any cuts are made is because I have Hostel on screener and its pretty gruesome but noticed there was an unrated DVD being released. I like that movie alot and anymore blood and guts can only be a bonus.

Cheers again

6. grizzam

grizzam Member

haha i dunno about that but i'd say its the unrated version.

edit: lol this is in their dictionary

Screener normally refers to a copy made from either VHS tape or from DVD-Video disc that are sent to movie critics and censors before the movie is available to public through video rental chains. Normally refers to a very good quality bootlegged copy.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  7. ohmss

ohmss Regular member

Cheers Mate,

So I guess I have the full version before being edited for Cinema release

8. ohmss

ohmss Regular member

Once you've seen it, it will make you think again about going to Slovakia.

I used to date a Chick from there and fortunately she didn't chain me to a chair and start drilling holes in my chest or cutting my fingers off with a Chainsaw, although she had hairy arms which was bloody scary.

Cheers