1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a VCD with Nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ulysse, May 21, 2002.

1. ulysse

ulysse Member

When Nero is decoding an .avi of approx. 160 MB to mpeg-1 in order to write as VCD, the application stopps responding @ about 80% of the decoding-process and needs 2B closed. Why is that? Has anybody had similar or even same experience?
    My PC hardware config. is: PIII, 384MB SDRAM, NVIDIA TNT2 ULTRA 32MB, Windows XP

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

First of all, its ENcoding... And secondly, don't ever, never use Nero's encoding plugins, their so-called "quality" simply sucks.

If you wish to make a VCD out of your AVI -- very bad idea, since you already have a lossy compression format (like DivX, which I'm fairly certain you're referring to when speaking of AVI) and now you're re-encoding that into yet another lossy format -- use TMPGEnc to encode the video and after that, simply drag/drop the readily-encoded MPEG-1 file into Nero and burn it as a VCD. For guides to re-encode AVIs to VCD-compliant MPEG-1 and to burn the files into VCD format, please visit our article section at:

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/

3. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

it could be where nero is storing the temp file it might be out of space....but I would use tmpgenc just like boss man said.....