1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to join video files using FileSJ or HJSplit

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by tieuta, Apr 9, 2006.

1. tieuta

tieuta Member

Hey all, can someone please help me? I am trying to join files but I dont see my video files when I click on input to try to look for my video, it is in the folder but it doesnt show up. I don't know whats wrong, I am using FileSJ but when I open my folder to look for video but I dont see anything. Then I download HJSplit the same thing happen. I follow the instructions already change the 4 parts to .001 .002 .003 .004 but I still dont see the video when I click on input. please help me out, thanks everyone.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Are you sure that it is just split? If so then is there also a par file? Because you can use that to varify/join.
    If it is just split then copy /b movie.001+movie.002+movie.003 movie.avi is all that is required.

3. tieuta

tieuta Member

hey there thanks for your help, but no the movie I download is in wmv format that is split into 4. there is no par file or anything, and I read the instruction to change the ext to .001 .002 etc etc. no matter what I do when I try to press input and look for the first file I dont see anything, but all my videos are in the folder. And I don't really get what you are saying, can you explain a bit more clearly? Thanks alot for your help

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

I am saying that all programs do to join split files like that is run a copy /b command. Ok for an wmv file it would just be copy /b movie.001+movie.002+movie.003+movie.004 movie.wmv

When renaming file extensions you need to be carefull that windows isn't hiding the extension, otherwise you just end up with movie.001.wmv, might look like movie.001, but it isn't.