1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEng + TooLame + SSRC failure(s)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by forrie, May 5, 2003.

1. forrie

forrie Member

I found a couple of threads here, but was unable to reply since they were closed (?).

Anyways...

I got the necessary steps and tools together as specified at:

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/vcd_to_dvd-r.cfm

Everything worked fine until I got to the audio conversion point. When it goes to TooLame, I come back to find TMPGEnc reporting "Invalid MPG file" or something of that nature. This happens consistently.

So, since I have other tools available, I wonder if there's a better way to convert the audio file. I saved the *.wav that SSRC created.

I have SoundForge 6.0 -- which "should" be able to do this, though the interface and options are hidden differently. I also have Cool Edit Pro... if there's something else I can use to get past this error, I'd like to know.

This is my first SVCD to DVD-R project :)

Thanks again...

2. forrie

forrie Member

A sub note: I just checked the *.wav file that the TMPGEnc process (demux)performed - and it only processed the sound from the first SVCD file. I "joined" the *.bin files together per the instructions.

3. HLuyten

HLuyten Guest

I am experiencing the same problem,... anyone out there that can give us a hand here?

I'm running into the some problem on an P4 and and AMD Athlon. Both running WinXP Pro.