1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m3u file association

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by basquiat, May 28, 2006.

1. basquiat

basquiat Regular member

when i go into folder options file type and try to change m3u i click browse go to foobar2000 double click foobar2000.exe it returns to the list of programs and windowsmediaplayer is still set to open, i recently switched from winamp to foobar and just noticed this, kind of annoying.thank you for any advice.

btw im using foobar 0.9.2

2. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

hold shift, right click any .m3u file, choose "open with" from the menu that pops up. Choose what you want to open it, and then check "always use the selected application."

3. basquiat

basquiat Regular member

ok did that, foobar is not in the list so i click browse go to foobar2000 and doubleclick foobar2000.exe and it goes right back to the list with windows media player highlighted...and foobar2000 never makes it into the open with list, very frustrating.

and thought id mention if i drag an m3u into foobar it loads up just fine.

4. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

Huh. Must be a problem w/ foobar then, which I've never heard of, so I can't help ya anymore. Sorry mate.

5. basquiat

basquiat Regular member

i fixed it, i downloaded foobar2000 0.8 and installed to a temp dir, copied the file fooassoc.exe to my normal foobar2000 dir, uninstalled foobar2000 0.8 and ran fooassoc.exe from foobar2000 0.9 dir and associated all file types. why this file is not included with 0.9 i dont know.