1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by arniebear, Jun 30, 2006.

1. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Get programs here

RipIt4Me now includes FixVTS within the program and you can get it here

Seems RipIt4Me is no more and has been pulled by the Hollywood powers that be, enjoy what you got it still works.[

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/RipIt4Me/1159478103/1

For DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink you can dl here

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

Also FAQ's for the program are answered here:

This program works on protected movies by importing a PSL file into DVD Decrypter which then lets the program do it's job. If the program were updated this would not be needed. Here is an explanation of PSL files and their use.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48359

Since this is brand new, I am still playing with it. This is just my third rip and I used the Wizard mode on Underworld Evolution. The movie has a number of protected sectors and dummy sectors were inserted making the rip time about 19 minutes because of the slowdown for the insertion. However, the movie was ripped and went right through Shrink and burned/played fine. As with new protections a PSL list must be created for DVD Decrypter and FixVTS is needed to correct the output, just as VobBlanker would be used for DVDFab Decrypter. FixVTS is a separate dl from RipIt4Me. FixVTS took another couple of minutes on top of the 19 for the rip.

[bold]You can use the 1Click option and this will do it all for you, very easy. For this guide the Wizard mode shows all the steps.[/bold]

Both RipIt4Me and FixVTS are zip files so therefore extract them to a folder and then when you want to use the program either open from the folder or send a shortcut to your desktop. Create a floder and dupfolder on your computer. The folder with a name of your choice and the subfolder to be VIDEO_TS, otherwise the files will just be placed randomly and you will not be able to access with any other program should you choose to.

When you open RipIt4Me you can use the Settings Tab and then Preferences to choose your path to FixVTS. Mine is the C:/Temp/FixVTS.exe

[​IMG]

Protection shown from AnyDVD, DVD Decrypter would not be able to do this one on its own. [bold]I did not use AnyDVD this pic just shows what protection is on it, using AnyDVD with this program is not recommended. Just use RipIt4Me by its lonsome [/bold]

[​IMG]

[bold]*** Please Note *** Although your read rate on your rip may go to 0.0 this does not mean that the rip is stopped or there is a CRC error, it just means that the dummy sectors are being inserted.....your rate will go back up. [/bold]

Insert you movie and open RipIt4Me

[​IMG]

You will see that the drive for my movie is E:/, choose yours. Then choose the folder you have designated with the VIDEO_TS sub.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Because Underworld Revolution is highly protected you need to create the PSL file for Decrypter. So choose this

[​IMG]

Then rip

[​IMG]

PSL will be imported

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After you are done remove the fake stuff

[​IMG]

When done you still need to do FixVTS for this movie, Choose the option and then point it to the FixVTS .exe directory in the folder you have extracted to. Once you have done this you will not be asked again to do it, the program will remember.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once it is done, choose open with Shrink and process as usual. I did movie only so that is what is shown.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fun With Dick and Jane, done with RipIt4Me in 1 click mode, it took longer than normal to rip being that there were so many dummy sectors inserted, but it ripped and ran through Shrink.

Protection according to AnyDVD

[​IMG]

Insert disk, open RipIt4Me and then choose 1Click mode

[​IMG]

Showing after rip, FixVTS

[​IMG]

Shrink analyzing

[​IMG]

Shrink files, there are two versions on the disk Full and Wide Screen that is why it takes so long Decrypter has to insert dummy sectors twice. I reauthored for only the one movie.

[​IMG]

Sent it to HDD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

File folders for the RipIt4Me rip from Decrypter and how I set them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pink Panther done in 1click mode, took about 25 minutes for rip and FixVTS to rip/repair.

Protection according to AnyDVD

[​IMG]

Rip/Shrink

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Added: 7/5........Ultra Violet

Done in 1Click Mode

Protection on movie according to AnyDVD

[​IMG]

RipIt4Me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Added to the program is now movie only mode, which works great, takes less time and Shrink will automatically open in reauthor mode. All you have to do is drag your title over and hit backup. Very easy.

Basic Instinct2 Protection as shown by AnyDVD

[​IMG]

Also if you open RipIt4Me before inserting your disk the autorun will be disabled.

Choose 1Click and make sure movie only is checked in the settings. Sit back and the rest will be automatically done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When Shrink opens drag your title over, edit any unwanted audio and hit backup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

And you said you were not very good at guides. This one is quite good. Even beginners should set this up with ease.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thank you much, I just wanted to show the program is not that complicated and works with the newer encryption with ease.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

good job, arniebear!

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thanx, hope to add some more when I get time, just an alternative for those who like to play with programs.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

BTW, Annapolis came out great.

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Good to know considering Annapolis had a pile of protection on it also. Although when I did 8Below and Syriana I did not get the insertion of the dummy sectors in Decrypter like I did with Underworld Evolution. Did however get the Pack Header warnings, which are usually meaningless. I think UE had puppetlock on it, which I know DVDD cannot do.

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You will get those same warnings with Annapolis. Nothing to worry about.

9. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

@arniebear

as always you have done a great job, an awesome guide indeed

i will give it a try

peace

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  10. mark13164

mark13164 Member

I am having problems with any dreamworks dvd i have tried several different software adn processes and have had no luck with copying it.

11. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Nice work Arniebear....good luck with the T-Shirt. LOL

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thank you, both bigfatboy and LOCO, never thought I could do one of these.

@mark13164

Just what problems are you having with the movies, and just what are these movies, besides dreamworks?

13. LOCOENG

You are underestimating yourself my friend.

EDIT: Just curious though....what about the 1-click mode? How does it work?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Lol, I was going to do the 1Click mode today. That is just for movies that you know Decrypter can handle. It will decrypt then automatically go over to Shrink. I believe if the file is not accepted then you will need to us FixVTS. More tweaks on this are coming :)

15. LOCOENG

Good information, thanks again arniebear.

16. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

The one click mode does everything for you then opens it in Shrink.

17. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thank you dialysis, I have not used this mode yet. But I plan to put up more on this mode, I need to go to ye olde movie store and pickup something a little harder to try this out on :)

18. gogochar

gogochar Guest

Excellent guide. BTW, Version 1.1.0.0 is out...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2006
  19. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@gogochar

Thanx, I see that there is an update. Openned the proggy and it notified me.

20. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have not tried out the 1click mode, but plan on doing this as soon as I get another movie with some harder protection. I only bought UE which I knew was a crud and did this one to show the program worked. The PSL file is already imported so Decrypter will remember it, I believe and do this one on it own. Am running UE through on the 1click mode and it going through just as it did with in the Wizard mode, that is because it already has the PSL file.

Edit: I take that back, it looks like the PSL file is created and imported in the 1click mode.

[​IMG]

With this mode you can just do it and walk away. With the Wizard you are controlling what you want to do.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006