1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DeCSS question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mJoshua83, Jun 30, 2006.

1. mJoshua83

mJoshua83 Member

I was reading up on the CSS at answers.com and it said that in 1999 some guy and two others came up with a DeCSS program. I was wondering what information people have on this DeCSS program or know where I could start looking to play around with it. I just finished reading the article and it talked about dvd decrypter and other programs I am more wondering about the DVD's that arn't able to be encoded by shrink and decrypter.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

mJoshua83,
    Shrink has not bewen updated in 3 years and DVDDecrypter also hasd not been updated in 1 year and never will. So neither of them will do the newer movies. You can use AnyDVD, DVDFAB Decrypter to decrypt the DVD's and after that you can use Shrink to compress.

If you want to know about How DVDD works then you can reverse engineer it. The code you are looking for is free and I have seen it on the net so you might try googling for it. Also you need to be good at algorithim's

3. mJoshua83

mJoshua83 Member

sweet you are talking about the CSS Code? Not that I am going to actualy pretend that I know how to work algorithims or anything just wanting to get my story straight. By the way thanks for the history lesson.

I was just looking for DVDFab Decrypter like you were talking about because you arn't able to download it here because of the suits of Finland. But anyways I found a program called Free DVD it seems to do the same thing does anyone know what that is like?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

mJoshua83,
    Below are guides you can look at that a member here at AD did. Look for the free ones like DVDFAB Decrypter/Shrink/DVDDecrypter. It might look like a lot of info but when you get them setup properly it really goes quickly

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/guides.htm

6. mJoshua83

mJoshua83 Member

Hay yeah I found that dvdidle.com sight last night and downloaded fabdvd decrypter. fabdvd worked like a charm. I was just wondering what that free dvd program that is under it was.

7. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

mJoshua83 ,
    Never tried it. Try it and report back