1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 + passcard3 + 2gb sandisk miniSD = problems

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by nikeboy, Jul 25, 2006.

1. nikeboy

nikeboy Member

Hey guys!

I've been reading a lot of stuff about playing roms, gb and gba games and homebrew stuff. Red a couple of times all of the guides, but still nothing.

ok the problems are:

[bold]1.[/bold] How to make sure what firmware m3 has at the moment i bought it?
    [bold]2.[/bold] what is "extend" icon in the menu. Is it so called "nds mode"??
    [bold]3.[/bold] if nr.2 is correct, then can i start an nds game from there(because nothing seems to be working in that mode, looks like an ordinary browser mode)?
    [bold]4.[/bold] how do i play .gb game on an m3(because it's not working like mr.hanky described in his guide, i just get a window saying "Load NDS game for M3" with a red bar game loading, and then the system hangs)?

thats for the beginning...

P.S. What's the newest firmware for m3 out? official website offers E18 and according to mr.hanky's guide there's E22 on http://www.dualscene.net but there's nothing to dowload. :( :(

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

1) Turn on the DS with the Oasscard and M3 insertyed, go to "Setup" on the M3, when in setup press "select" on your DS. Now choose Update Info. you should have a text document that includes "updategc.e22" or similar, the "E22" is the firmware version you have.

2) Extend loads the M3's built in Moonshell media player, it cannot load .nds files in this mode.

3)Answered above.

4)what method did you use? if you used a method that resulted in a .gba file make sure you load the M3 in GBA mode (press start in the main menu of the M3) then load the .gba file.

3. nikeboy

nikeboy Member

well okay,

1. Current system version is NDS Movie Player V3.80 English version. blabla.e21 Where can i get the E22??
    4. used both methods. with emulator and without. Did it step by step with your guide. With goomba: Copyed goomba.gba to root directory, added some .gb files(most easy tetris 2 different wesions). In this case i can see the gamefiles in moonshell and can't in gba mode(only goomba.gba is visible), so i can't execute any... The oter method is without emulator(no goomba.gba in root dir), -.gb files through the m3 game manager "write gba". In the end resulted my nds to hang(pushed start, upper display blinks, but stays black).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

E22 can be downloaded from http://dualscene.net/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?catid=4
    that file contains the latest E22 and the latest gamemanager

So can your M3 not boot into GBA mode? because if not, your not going to be running any .gba file. After updating that might fix that.

To be able to see the .gb files your M3 needs to be in GBA mode, again, if your M3 isn't loading GBA mode, it won't work.

Anyhows, I need some sleep :p I'll continue to help tommorow, unless someone else takes over from me before than.

5. nikeboy

nikeboy Member

okay, how do i load the GBA mode and how do i load DS mode? and what is the difference?

6. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

To get into GBA mode just turn on your DS without your PassMe inserted, and just select GBA game from the main menu.

7. nikeboy

nikeboy Member

gee, thanks.
    I think i found the way to load gba mode yesterday. It's when i load the usual way, and then push start, i guess it's the same to start the console without passcard inserted. I also got my tetris to work. I think the problem was that there were no save file with the game. So i had to execute it for the first time, then shut down the system and start it again, because then it generates an automatic save file. Right?

P.S. though, i couldn't run DSorgsnize, i have the DSorganize folder in root dir, and 3 files to execute(the only one to run in gba mode and all the in ds mode). In gba mode i find the file and hit start. It loads and goes white, and then black and then hangs. The same in ds mode. What's wrong?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  8. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

DSorganise is not a GBA homebrew, it has the file extension .ds.gba, which is used by some flash carts - including the M3.

There sould be a .nds version, load the M3 in DS mode, and then press start on the .nds file, and it should work.

You can use the .ds.gba file, but instead of start you must press 'A' two times to load it.

9. nikeboy

nikeboy Member

neither one loads.....

10. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

What format is your card? I think ir needs to be FAT32 for it to work.
    If it still won't work after that try redownloading it as it might be corrupt.

Thats all I can think of, it still won't work I dunno what could be the problem.

EDIT: Also make sure that it's [bold]not[/bold] the .sc.nds your trying to load, as that's for the supercard.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  11. nikeboy

nikeboy Member

i don't even know, my win xp pro says it's formatted in FAT. That's it! And options are to format to FAT and FAT 32. Shoud i format it? I heard that you need the card to be formatted to FAT 16, but i don't have this option.

I also don't believe it's corrupt coz i already downloaded it twice...

And i don't load.sc.nds!

And it just does not work... I'll try to format to fat32, but what bout the games?

12. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

First, copy everything off your card as formatting will delete everything on it.

Now format the card to FAT32.

Copy everytihng back on.

As a side note 'FAT' is FAT16, but the M3 supports FAT32 just as well, so use that.

13. nikeboy

nikeboy Member

nope, didn't help.....

14. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Don't know then, perhaps you just have bad luck with it :-(

15. nikeboy

nikeboy Member

i'm still having problems with this DSorgsnize, can any1 recommend me something else, that might do the same job? couldn't find any by myself, although there's some rumors that nintendo is developing something named "V-Pocket", any info on that?

EDIT: I even flashed my dsl, that didn't help a bit too... how many of you people have M3's, flashed ds'es, sandisk minisd's and all happily using dsorganize?

P.S. or how do i get my good luck back?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006