1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable Spy Sweeper when burning?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by taylor30, Sep 10, 2006.

1. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

I always have Webroot's Spy Sweeper in the backround to protect me from spyware. Should I disable it when running Dvd Shrink and ImgBurn or is it ok to keep it running.

2. collarme

collarme Regular member

You should disable any program like Spy Sweeper while you're working with video (capturing, encoding, converting, burning..). You should also make sure your screensaver doesn't kick in after 15-20 mins. too.
    Just make sure you turn Spy Sweeper back on before you connect to the internet.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Taylor Ive burn 6000 plus DVDs and never turned spysweeper off. it shouldn't be a problem as long as your machine isn't ancient. just dont do a scan while your burning unless you have a dual core CPU like i have then it would be ok

4. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

I have a P4-3.2Ghz (1,5Gb ram)

I stop NOTHING, and I have tons of stuff running in the background.

FTP Server, AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, and a whole bunch of little tools.

[bold]*BUT*[/bold] I use Taiyo Yuden media and [bold]never ever burn above 4x[/bold].

Burn Results = 100%
    PiPo Scans = 95% and above all the time !

Personally, I don't feel like taking 2 minutes to stop all those application, burn at 8x and same 5 minutes, and take an other 2 minutes later to restart all those applications.

I am not in a hurry, I start the burn and walk away.
    15 minutes later I have a successful burn !

My 2 cents...

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I to run a PC hog I don't shut down anything But if you are not runnig a hog shut down any and everthing that takes power away from your CPU do not do anything but burn that movie or you will make a coaster also turn off the preview while burning