1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Common Problems!

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by Dela, Jun 29, 2003.

1. RahXephon

RahXephon Guest

Dela: My encoding happens at night when sys resources are highest - as for the SSRC and tooLAME - I'll run a search for those; have no clue what they are. You think that would help with my audio sync issue?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Basically, they are external encoders. tooLame is an MP2 encoder and SSRC is an external Sampling Frequency Converter. It helps avoid a lot of audio problems and sync problems usually!

3. RahXephon

RahXephon Guest

Dela: Okay! In my search for these tools last night I found "Main Concept MPEG Encoder" -- and it actually encoded my files perfectly in 1/3rd the time TMPEGEnc did/does. Now, the only problem I have is, why, when I drag-n-drop my 736meg mpg file into my authoring progam does it take up 1.37 gigs of space?! This is the typical problem I've always had - I can only get 1 hour of recording on my DVD -- is there a way I can get around this? Again, I'd like to be able to fit at least five 23 min. shows on one DVD-R. Thanks for your help! :)

4. gregmac

gregmac Member

Whats up guys i need some help i downloaded a movie and i fixed the sound virtuatdub and went fine and then i converted it with tmpgenc then i made the files vob with tmpgence author worked fine i burnt it and it seems like the movie is choppy it kinda lags is this normal?

5. gregmac

gregmac Member

I tryed to see if i could make the frame rate higher but i cant it says 23.967fps (29.97fps) is that why its all choppy and laggy cuz i havent burned it on dvd i just played it in pc to make cuz i dont wanna waste a dvd-r but if i do burn it will it clear?

6. Dela

RahXephon, what authoring proggy u using mate?

gregmac, hey man, is this watching it on a stand-alone dvd player or on the computer? does it play fine in any of them?

7. RahXephon

RahXephon Guest

Dela: Well, I've tried DVD-lab (trial) and for some reason it doesn't recognize my MPG's (??), and TMPGEnc DVD Author is asking for some kind of native file (mvk or something) - so I had to go back to Roxio DVD Builder - which I've used successfully from day one to create excellent quality DVD's -- but three 20 min. shows on on DVD-R burns up a helluva lot of media. There has to be a workaround that I'm missing...??

8. Dela

hmmmm, this is pretty strange, are you sure ur producing fully compliant DVD files???

Also, when you use roxio does it try to re-encode the files?

9. RahXephon

RahXephon Guest

Dela: yes, Roxio appears to re-encode the files - which only nominally affects the video quality. I'm thinking I'm going to have to convert these AVI files to VOB files with an IFO so that DVD shrink can shrink them -- but that just feels stupid. There has to be a better way. As far as DVD compliant files, how would you ever know?

10. Dela

Well for example with TMPGEnc do you use the Project wizard to encode DVD Complaint mpeg's???

11. gregmac

gregmac Member

Yes it plays fine in my dvd player but it runs laggy any ideas

12. Dela

Well there could be a lot of causes to this mate like..

1. when building the dvd a lot of data was lost because of other programs hogging resources.

2. DVD player might not play DVD+/-R well

3. Your choice of blank media might need changing, not all DVD-R's work!

13. gregmac

gregmac Member

Well i converted a avi to dvd man and it was high quilty to so im not sure whats wrong.

14. Dela

Well i think its the media you are using, the DVD-R's, have you made other copies or anything and used those DVD-R's???

15. gregmac

gregmac Member

No its not that i know that for sure maybe its cuz the frame rate was only 23 fps and when i converted it sayed it was 23"interally 29fps" or something

16. Dela

Buty if you used TMPGEnc it would change the framerate properly, i dont see why it would act in this way!

17. maddogg

maddogg Member

after reading the tmpeg files i now have more questions. i have to fix the audio on most of the movies and it is getting tiresome. is there to encode a movie and have the audio be in sync with the video?yaavi works but i have to use the trial and error merhod. you know ,try this because it worked last time. all i want is to download a movie, encode it, and then author it and then put it on a dvd-r and watch the movie. HELP

18. Dela

You using SSRC and tooLame with TMPGEnc?

19. maddogg

maddogg Member

i have never heard of those. i download movie(two parts) i play each part(ok) i join the parts together,(play movie for errors) run thru converter to change to avi, check movie in divx repair. i encode with tmpeg. half the time the movie comes out fine, other half the audio is out of sync. should i seperate the audio from video and then encode and author or what?as for the programs you named i know nothing.

20. gregmac

gregmac Member

Bro use VirtualDub fixes audio read page 1 it has a problem guide it will tell you how to fix the audio with the program.But i have a question does anyone know how to higher then frame rate its only comein out 24 fps when i converted the avi to mpg im thinkin maybe thats why my dvd that i made isnt runin smoothly.