1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No audio in my DVD2AVI project

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Smallan, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Smallan

Smallan Member

I've followed the tutorial guide for DVD2AVI but I can't get audio into my outputted project. When I open the project from TMPGEnc I can select the video but there's no audio file. I've experimented with a different DVD and I can select audio for it, but not for the DVD I authored myself in my NLE. The DVD plays audio of course, it's stereo, not surround. I expect it's audio settings, I've seen similar posts from my search, and I've tried different settings without success. Could it be Channel? I've only tried Channel 1. Any suggestions?

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

d2v projects are pointers to video only. For TMPGEnc you can just open the audio seperatly.

3. Smallan

Smallan Member

Thanks. The separate audio file doesn't appear to exist. I don't think it has been created or created correctly. With the other commercial DVD test I did, the audio loaded up from the browser as described in the tutorial. With the vobs I want to convert to vcd from my own DVD, however, there is no file in the same folder. I've done a search for files containg similar naming structure as the correctly created audio files (in case it was accidentally saved to another location) and there don't appear to be one.

4. BigMike2

BigMike2 Member

I'm having a similar/same issue. I'm using avi2dvd and following the guide. I can add in the file but no audio shows up. The fps info and the rest in that block is empty.

When I play the divx file it plays fine and does have audio.

Is it possible the audio is a seperate file? Do I need to add that in with step 1?

Thanks,

Mike2

5. BigMike2

BigMike2 Member

In went back and checked, there is only 1 file. avi2dvd isn't d=seeing the audio. I've tried 3 different movie and none show any audio. But they play fine in the divx player.

Mike

6. BigMike2

BigMike2 Member

Eureka! I found the answer. Move the .avi file into a temp folder. I found the answer on the avi2dvd forum, it's a sticky there.

Mike2.

7. Smallan

Smallan Member

Could you please tell me the address of that forum? Thanks.