1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arccos a easy way to get around it

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by danreeve, Oct 31, 2006.

1. danreeve

danreeve Member

I was trying to burn the DVD Click a couple of weeks ago and got a low virtual message. I then went to my local Staples and bought more memory for my computer. Then I tried to burn the DVD again then Nero gave me a OUT OF MEMORY message. I now come to find out it this thing called AROCCOS that Sony has come out with seems to let you rip the DVD but not burn it. I come to this conclusion because I had no problems burning Firewall and the latest Sopranos DVD and I had no problems what so ever. I'm not new to this I'm pretty familiar using DVD Decryter,DVDFab and DVD Shrink but find these otherS like VOBblanker some what and the FixVTS(which leave me totally confused) I hope someone can can give me a easy solution to this problem.

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

"Out Of Memory" is a well known RipGuard protection. By adding more memory is not going to solve the issue. All you really need are either DVDFAB Decrypter or RipIt4Me (these 2 are the best FREE rippers at the moment). Both are super easy and free, just few clicks away and you're done.

I recommend ripping the dvd/movie with the latest from DVDFAB Decrypter to your HD first, then try to transcode with DVD Shrink or Nero Recode (if you have it). If both Recode or Shrink still throwing up due to some nasty VTS or corrupted Cells, then you'll need to PROCESS the already ripped VIDEO_TS.IFO file through VobBlanker or the VIDEO_TS file through FixVTS to correct those fake VTS and structural protections.

Overall, just get the latest from DVDFAB Decrypter and or RipIt4Me and you'll be worry free (yes... even new released can be done).

**NOTE: in order to use RipIt4Me properly, you'll need to download (1) DVD Decrypter, FixVTS, RipIt4Me and DVD Shrink (not necessary, but if you need it).

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

There is also a very easy solution which will allow you to use all your favorite programs you mention. The solution is not free but will be the best money you'll ever spend on software. AnyDVD from slysoft.com Download the free 21 day trial. All it does is fool you pc into thinking the discs are not protected. There is no learning curve. $34 if you want to buy it after trial and you will. Updates every week almost; and for life!

4. danreeve

danreeve Member

Garmoon I hope this isn't some shameless plug for this software because I've had it with use this, then use,then use so on an so on.I just want something simple just rip the DVD then burn it. AnyDVD does sound interesting with the updates though. I guess if I have to buy some software to burn DVDs I guess it worth it considering the situation I'm in now and the headache it giving me.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@danreeve

You can't loose a thing. Free 21 days and if you don't like it it will stop working and you will find an alternative. BUT you will want to buy it if you do a lot of movies. There's not a movie that AnyDVD and Shrink can NOT do. And it makes copying a DL disc with ImgBurn a breeze. Look around the site you won't find much "bad" said about AnyDVD. JM2C

Edit: It also has a ripper and protects your pC from Sony's notorious root kit $hit on their CDs.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  6. danreeve

danreeve Member

Yeah have heard alot of good things about AnyDVD and if it does everything you say it does it sounds like a pretty good bargain for $34.00. I just want something that is simple and of course has updates. Thanks for the tip Garmoon.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

AnyDVD + CloneDVD are member favorites around here and I use them, too! right now there's a discount going on and you can save money on them:
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

AnyDVD updates real fast when new encryptions come out..... I found that they keep up with everything and they are the fastest program that updates and it's free for life once you buy it!

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

If you don't want to spend money then my suggestion goes in the lines of what Alkohol said! RipIt4Me is a great free program that does all the newer DVDs and more. Download the programs and follow the guide:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/360110,

9. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

@danreeve

This will be a "shamless plug" for AnyDVD & CloneDVD2, as these are the programs I use 99% of the time. I have a ton of other programs, and I use them from time to time just to learn something new. I like AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 simply because it is easy for me. I burned Click a couple of weeks ago and had no problems. Did MI3 last night. I bought these programs last year before there was a discount and haven't looked back since. These programs have never, ever, failed to copy a DVD.

10. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

AnyDVD is all you need it the best 35 bucks I ever spent. Shame me to !

11. danreeve

danreeve Member

I tried burning Mission Impossible Three after ripping it to my hard drive using AnyDVD. Then I tried to burn it using my Nero Software version 6 I think and it failed. Is CloneDVD2 a better burning software than Nero? I had no problems with the Sopranos Season Five disc though. I going to wait though to see how The Da Vinci Code works using AnyDVD and Clone DVD2 before I make my decision on purchasing AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 in a bundled package. I using the trial version now and I'm seriously considering to take everyones advice and buy these products because what I'm using now just isn't working.

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@danreeve

If I remember correctly MI3 was a Sony movie. On my set up AnyDVD and NeroUltra version 6.6.0.18, Recode barfs almost any time I try to do a Sony movie. I don't try any more, Shrink has no problem with them, AnyDVD with it. I only boughtAnyDVD and would so every year if required. I have not used clone DVD2. I know it has to be pretty good because I hear good stuff about it. But I have read here that Nero Recode is a little better than Clone and Shrink. So if I am having to compress a dvd to fit a 4.7 gb DVD then I have AnyDVD running and I first try Nero Recode if not a $ony movie, if Recode has trouble then I open Shrink- never had to go further, but if I had, I would probably have Clone DVD 2. I do DL backups entirely with AnyDVD and ImGBurn.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  13. JVC

JVC Active member

I also use and love CloneDVD and AnyDVD.
    I did Mission Impossible 3 using DVD Shrink w/Nero, and AnyDVD running in the background. No problems at all.

Cars was a little tougher, using Shrink. After shrinking, it was still too big. So, I used CloneDVD and AnyDVD, and all was perfect.

Unless you have something on your computer that conflicts with them, CloneDVD and AnyDVD will do about any movie you try to do (newest versions of each, of course). AnyDVD won't work if you have DVD43 on your computer. If you've ever had it(DVD43), clean all parts of it from your registry.
    Good luck!

14. danreeve

danreeve Member

Was just wondering about how you get updates for AnyDVD haven't really found and answer for this question? Burn the DaVinci Code no problem using the trial version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and that was enough to sell me on these products. Really happy with CloneDVD2 does the burning process much quicker than Nero and DVDShrink also burned Tokyo Drift which I couldn't burn with Nero due to AROCCOS. Love the ease using this software but was wondering about the updates do they email them?

15. rab48124

rab48124 Regular member

The updates come to you when you start the program or your computer depending on your settings. All you do is select update now and it takes 20-30 seconds to update. It can't get any easier and is well worth it, and now theres a Thanksgiving discount so for both you save $10. Great results with ease of use = money well spent.

16. JVC

JVC Active member

Like was said...........you learn about the updates, via email. Then you go back to Slysoft's site, and download the new version, and install on top of the old version. [bold]DO NOT UNINSTALL THE OLD VERSION[/bold]. After you install the new version, reboot, and you're good to go.......

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

And the correct answer about updates is JVC's. Slysoft will tell when an update is available BUT you must go to slysoft.com or click on slysoft fox and click slysoft to get to the site. They don't send the update.