1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memtest v1.65, did scan because of BSOD's got 3600000 errors and counting, what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Naru1o, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Naru1o

Naru1o Guest

Hi, I was looking around about things for BSODS and stuff, Iam currently running memtest v1.65 on my toshiba A60 satelite laptop, I have got 3600000 errors and did 5 pass so far, what does this mean? :/

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Either a ram module or memory slot has gone bad.

Only way to complete the test and find out which, is to test each memory module one by one, in each slot.

So..if you have two memory modules, first try testing each one in slot one. If both pass...the modules are fine and so is that slot. If one or both fail in that slot, move on to the next one. If one or both continue to fail no matter what slot, it's most likely the memory module(s).

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Naru1o, edit that link out of your sig. besides which that link doesn't work.

4. Naru1o

Naru1o Guest

You could have pvted me, but ok I will remove the useless link. which doesn't work, although how comes other people aloud?