1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHS to AVi now want to frameserve with Avisynth

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by suzr986, Jul 16, 2003.

1. suzr986

suzr986 Guest

Please help. Trying to learn how to copy all my VHS tapes to VCD. Captured using VirtualDub and now have an AVI file. Can be played on my computer. But for the life of me I can't frameserve over to TPMGEnc in VirtualDub or Avisynth. Get a file not supported by TPMGEnc. VirtualDub gives me an error every time I try and load it. If someone could please help me find the right scripting words. Also I lose the sound in TMPGEnc. I've looked at so many guides off the internet, now my brain is fog over with to much info and NO BRAIN. HELP. Susan

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

What is the error?

3. suzr986

suzr986 Guest

Thanks for answering. Ok, I assume your talking about Virtualdub error. I run the Auxiliary Setup. Click install handler. Get error message "Couldn't read source file vdremote.dll, should I try again" I click yes and get another error message saying "avi frameclient install failed". I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. I'm new to this game. And its driving me nuts. I learned how to back up my DVD's but his seems to be much harder. Would appriciate any help you can give me. Thanks Susan

4. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

you can get VHS onto your computer? how?

5. suzr986

suzr986 Guest

I'm able to capture with virtual dub. Just not getting how to frameserve over to TPMGenc with it. I'm going to try using VirtualDubMod and see if it works better than the regular virtual dub. I keep getting an error with the regular virtual dub.