1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MacTheRipper (MTR) and DVD2One

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by sibda, Dec 30, 2006.

1. sibda

sibda Member

I have Mac OSX latest version.
    This is my first use of the above two pcs of software.

I have a commercial DVD I want to copy. I have extracted full disc using MTR which makes 6.31 GB. De-Macrovision on, all UOPs on.

All files look the same as on the original DVD.
    However, the files saved to my desktop won't play back using the Mac's DVD player. The original DVD palys fine.

For compression onto a standard 4.7Gb DVD-R, I have the trial version of DVD2One. This sees the desktop file but returns the error message when selected: 'The selected folder,/users/harddrive name/Desktop/, does not contain a valid dvd-video fileset!'

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks

2. terryxpre

terryxpre Member

Yes - always rip the whole disc with MTR and use DVD2OneX to select the whole or part of the disc. DON'T make any changes or press tabs on or off on MTR such as D-Macrovision etc - it will detect and select these itself: The one exception is when Disc RCE says DETECTED - you then need to select the new region that it will play in. This very very seldom happens.

So - trash your MTR ripped file and open MTR again and start from scratch, changing nothing - just press GO when it's ready. In DVD2One, choose movie only and extract that. Then (i) try playing that in DVDPlayer (II) and whether it does or doesn't, burn it with TOAST to a DVD-RW and play the burned disc and see what happens.
    Then leave another message. (Can you private me with the name of the commercial disc in case it's one I know.)
    Terry