1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV or PS3 problem (Anti-Aliasing) ???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by manila555, Jan 4, 2007.

1. manila555

manila555 Member

Hi All

i just bought a samsung 32" HDTV and i was playing fight night round 3 and gran turismo HD for the ps3, It seems that on both fight night and gran turismo that there are rough edges around the boxers and the cars.

I am playing at 720p using an HDMI cable. Was just wondering if anyone else observed these things or if there's a way to get the best optimization for my tv.

Is the problem my tv or is it really how the ps3 displays the game?

Any help is appreciated

2. Sonysoft

Sonysoft Member

Hmmm..hard to tell if its the ps3 or tele without knowin what the games should look like (dont have a ps3), i have heard though that gthd has kinda jaggy edges, but cant talk on fight night. But its probably just the games imho. Sorry i cant really help that much...

3. funky22

funky22 Guest

Ps3 dont use antialiasing i read it somwhere maybe later with some firmware update

4. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

When i play on a usual CRT TV or HDTV i don't get any horrible edges i play on 1080i on HDTV and 480i using the normal CRT.

Go into Settings > Display Settings and change to HDMI output with 720p and 16:9.

You probably havn't changed the display settings, so its running in default 480i with 4:3 making the rough edges appear.