1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quality Prec and VBR Bias settings for anime

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Dnola3, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Dnola3

Dnola3 Member

I get a backup of an anime dvd with the quality prec at 24 and the vbr bias at 25. the backup came out with watery artifacts all around any lines in the anime, It's very noticeable and distorts the quality badly, I was wondering if there was a certain way to tweak these setting in order to achieve a different result, I know that these are for sharpness and smoothness, I just don't know which one is for which. Does anyone have any recommendations for those settings when backing up an anime? Thanks.

2. spiesfan

spiesfan Regular member

Are those the default settings? Try removing extra material like trailers to save space. How many passes did you use/what were the quality settings? You can try increasing the number of passes or the quality settings to higher quality. This will take more time however

3. Dnola3

Dnola3 Member

4 passes (takes about 8 hours), and yes those are the defaults as far as I know... I usually use DVD Shrink, because I achieve much better results, much faster...but some dvds will not fully compress on the first time with dvd shrink, and compressing twice is not an option...Not that worried about it, this is an old thread, I just grabbed some dual layer discs for the ones that don't compress well with shrink. thanks for the help though.

4. spiesfan

spiesfan Regular member