1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't create multisession CD-R

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by elrond79, Feb 22, 2007.

1. elrond79

elrond79 Member

I'm having problems creating a multisession CD-R in Nero 7 - either Burning ROM or Nero Express.

I select the "Start Multisession disc" option in the multisession tab in Burning ROM (or the "Allow files to be added later (multisession disc)" option in Nero Express), and everything seems to go just fine... but when I then try to add files to it, it tells me that it's not a writable disc (or some similar message).

Oddly enough, I first tried to use Nero to make a multisession because I was having problems making one using Windows XP's built-in burning capabilities - which I believe creates multisession data discs by default (and I know I've used it to continue multisession discs many times before).

I'm almost afraid my computer is now refusing to create multisession discs using any software for some strange reason. Are there some types of CD-Rs which have problems with multisession recording? I'm using Memorex 52x / 700MB CD-Rs...

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I don't know what is causing your problem, but had you added any new software just before the problems started?

There is an option in Device Manager, I believe, that allows for Windows recording. I think it is on the Drive's properties, but can't remember right now. You might try unselecting or selecting that to see if it helps.

You might see if you have a NeroHistory log that was written during one of the burn attempts. You may not, but there might be something there to help. Make sure you take out your serial numbers.

You might also check the Event Viewer in Admin tools to see if any errors are showing up around the time you try these burns.

I suppose there is a chance something has control of the drive and won't let anything else write on it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  3. zapatero

zapatero Member

Use Nero Info Tool > Disc to check "Disc status". If it is "finalized" or "closed" (which it shouldn't be according to your post), it is not possible to burn more sessions in it.