1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFdshow codecs help! (VFW-FLV files missing)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by cavepunk, Apr 13, 2007.

1. cavepunk

cavepunk Member

Hi there!

And sorry in advance if I've posted to the wrong forum...

I've recently started having trouble playing back DVD+Rs that I've burned from AVI files (specially new TV programmes). I uninstalled and reinstalled FFDSHOW but the problem still persists. When I check the list of codecs/filters in GSpot there are several problems highlighted, including this one:

FLV Video decoder File missing

and

FLV Splitter File missing

Could this be causing the problem and, if so, how do I install the necessary codec?

GSpot also highlights problems with missing files, these being: AVC1 CoreAVC Video Decoder; Stream Matroska splitter; RGB24 FeatherMore MPEG Writer Filter; Cucusoft Data Extracter and ffdshow VFW Decoder helper.

Could these missing files also be responsible for the problem?

I'm pretty newish to this (and I've spent a few hours scouring the web for info) so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

All the best,
    jay

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

None of those should have anything to do with DVD playback.

3. cavepunk

cavepunk Member

Okay - thanks for clearing that up, folk!

I think I've now managed to sort the problem. Rather than using NeroVision Express, I'm now using winavi VideoConverter to convert the AVI into BUP and VOB files, then using ImgBurn to burn them onto DVD+R. Do you reckon that's the best way to get the best quality DVD rather than coasters? I've tried DVDFlick too but that burns a jumpy pic with out-of-synch sound sometimes...

Thanks again for your help!
    Cheers!
    jay